Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 131

Since I last posted I have still been collecting stem cells each day. The first day of collection I collected 1.6 million stem cells which was good, but the second day I only collected .74 so Dr Korbling called in for a medication (shot) of a drug called Mozobil. He first had to get BCBS approval since each shot is approximately an arm and a leg per shot. $16,000-$18,000 per shot. The nurses and the doctor told me what they have seen in Multiple Myeloma patients is that when they go from a high stem cell collection to a much lower collection like what had happened to me is that it only goes lower each day being that it already hit it's peak and only declines more. My body needed something to push the cells out of the marrow and the drug Mozobil was going to be the answer. It was approved and I got the first shot Friday night. The shot made me very sick and I was up all night miserable.
I have to check blood counts every morning to determine whether or not they will give me Neupogen shot or shots 45 minutes before collection, this is determined by my white blood count. The next thing I do is I get hooked up and am on the stem cell collection machine for @ 4 hours. I had my second shot last night and it was even worse! I was and am so miserable all last night and right now it's hard to bare. My stomach is cramping and twisting so much I will be so glad when this cell collection is over and I can just get some real rest.
I have known that I would not feel good a lot of the time while going through this healing process, it's just now so real!
I have met so many people here going the same thing I am going through and will be praying for them and their families all along the way and on in the future. Definitely I am blessed to live even as close as I do to MD Anderson because some people are here from all over America and have to sacrifice so much just to even get to be here, besides having to fight the fight if their lives to get to live. This hospital is one of the best in the world and I feel so fortunate to be able to be treated here. Thank you Lord for your favor in allowing me to be here and be with the best doctors and nurses in the world. When I feel a little better and am off this machine I would like to tell you more about some of the people I have met here and their stories of how they found out their diagnosis and found their way to MD Anderson. It is amazing how God works! He is truly Awesome!
Thank you for your continued prayers, I so appreciate them and your love. I thank You Lord for my Mom and my Sister in law, without them I could not make it each day! They are so wonderful, caring and loving and have so much patience. I just thank You for them!
I ask this in Your Sons precious name .
Amen



1 comment:

  1. And you still look gorgeous! Praying every day and you are my screensaver on my phone. I love you so very much.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete