Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 108

Wow! Today was a wonderful day! I was so touched by everyone that attended the benefit. I am so grateful for such caring and loving friends. It was awesome! I can't thank everyone enough for the kindness.
I finished up my fifth round of chemo and am ready to begin my journey/the stem cell transplant. Monday I will begin this process at MD Anderson. I will be staying in apartment very close to the hospital since they said I need to be within 10 to 15 minutes to it. The whole stem cell transplant process will take about 8 weeks with a lot of tests at first then collecting the stem cells, freezing them, getting the high dose chemo, transplanting the stem cells back into my body and then waiting for my immune system and cells to start working again. I will be staying in the hospital during the time from when they give me the high dose chemo and will stay until my body and immune system are working. Even after I get out I have to stay at the apartment close by for approximately another two or three weeks. When I go home I have to stay away from the public for about 90 days. All of this time I have to have a caregiver with me 24/7. So that about sums up the stem cell process. I am going to lose my hair and will not feel good some of the time. I am so looking forward to the final outcome of being completely healed and being able to get back to somewhat if a normal life. This has been trying and I couldn't have made it this far without my friends, my family and The Lord! I have a ways to go and will update regularly since I will not be able to work during this part of the journey.
Lord,
Thank you for giving me such wonderful and loving friends. Thank you for the sun shining today. It was beautiful! Thank you for the healing. Thank you for this journey through this wonderful life.
In Your precious sons name, Amen.









No comments:

Post a Comment