Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 26 - Going Good!

I started my second round of chemo this Tuesday and I think we have it down with the nausea and yucky stuff. I got a bag of the bone medication Zometa given to me through the IV and a bag if the nausea medication Zofran through IV on Tuesday along with my Velcade (chemo) injection. I felt really pretty good afterwards and also on Wednesday. It makes me tired which is to be expected, but I am so glad I didn't feel nauseated like before. When I went for my Velcade shot yesterday I went ahead and took the nausea pill that the doctor gave me. It worked and I had no nausea, YAY! I was sooo tired that I came home and basically went straight to bed at 5:30 pm though. I guess my body just needs the rest to heal itself. So I have another week if the chemo and then round two will be over. I haven't got a meeting set up yet for MD Anderson to meet with the doctor that will be doing my stem cell transplant, but that will come soon enough. I am so thankful that I feel good and am not experiencing what I did in the first round. God is so good!
I have several friends that are going through tests and treatments that I would like you prayer warriors to pray for and I will be praying: Jo - my wonderful friend that has helped me tremendously has finished all 12 rounds of chemo for colon cancer and is now going through her re- testing of everything to make sure she is cancer free. Please pray for a complete healing and great results. She is such an Angel and has been so helpful to me understanding things about cancer and learning about foods to eat, etc. I am so grateful to have her as friend!
Janet- my dear friend that has battled breast cancer and now different cancers that have now tried to bring her down. Please pray for a miracle from God to obliterate the the cancer and to heal her body. Also please pray for comfort for her and also her family since she is now at home and having nurses come to the house to make her more comfortable.
Donald- friend and also our Sr. Vice President if our bank, her is battling Lymphoma and is being treated at MD Anderson three times a week. Please pray for Gods complete healing for his body and that it be a speedy recovery.
I am so grateful for each day that I have and know this was not what I would have thought of to make me appreciate life, friends and family more, but it has made me see that we waste so much time on little things that really do not matter. It's weird changing the way I respond to things from how I used to. I just can't continue to worry about stuff that us not going to fulfill the things that REALLY matter. Live, Love and Laugh....that really does mean so much now. I love my family and friends and am so thankful for all of you!
Lord, please watch over all of my friends and family. Also Lord please heal and comfort my friends that are going through cancer treatments or tests. Thank in advance for the healings and Your hand being on them during their trials and or tests. I ask all if this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment