Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 43-Still Feeling Great!

Hi and I am sorry for the delay in blogging....I think I now can finally do this from my computer.  I have been having a time trying to get to my blogger from my laptop.  I think I got it now.  I created by mistake another blog thingy and it has been a small nightmare fixing what I did, LOL!

This past week has been super busy with work, HLSR BBQ Cook Off for our clients and then taking Jesse to meet his Sargent for the Army on Sunday.  Monday I got to see him inducted at the MEPS builiding off of San Jacinto in Houston.  That is pretty exciting and I am sure he is a little nervous since they were leaving out to go to the airport and then to Ft. Jackson, South Carolina for boot camp right afterwards.  Jesse is such a wonderful person and has always been a great child.  I wish him all of the best and I will be praying for him each and every day for safety, strength,wisdom and knowledge.

Today was the beginning of my third round of chemo and I am still feeling great!  I did my CBC and I have some of my blood counts are even back up in the normal ranges and that makes me so happy!  Dr. Abramowitz said that I have gotten about 60 percent of the Multiple Myeloma out of my system. He gave me another graph that shows where I started and where I am now.  It is so exciting to see it.  He thinks I will probably only go this 3rd or possibly 4th round of chemo before the stem cell transplant, but he said it will be up to Dr. Nina Shah at MD Anderson to determine after running all of the tests that are going to be completed on March 18th and 19th.

I got a bag of Zometa (bone medication) and my Velcade (chemo) today at the docs office.  The overall visit was a good visit.  My nurse, Linda was on vacation so I had a substitute nurse named Robin...she was so nice and very pretty too.  Everyone there are like "Angels."  I feel like I am at home!  I met a very nice woman today there while getting my treatments named Kris and they do not know what she has yet.  She found out she was anemic and no matter what she does she can't hold any iron in her body or I think it was the B vitamin also.  They have tried all sorts of remedies and even had her swallow a tiny camera that videos all the way through.  Prayer warriors please pray for this to be a small deficiency of some sort so that she can take something to fix it.

There were so many things that I didn't fully listen to completely and now I listen to every word that comes out of peoples mouths.  I really want to be in "the here and now" when I am talking with someone.  Understanding what others are going through and sharing the good news of Hope, Faith, and Loving the Lord is something I now hold near and dear to my heart and want to share with everyone.  We have so much to be thankful for each and every day.  God is so Good.  He healed my friend Jo Edwards, she got the  news last Tuesday that she is CANCER FREE!!! Yay!  She is such an inspiration to me and if you get a chance to read her blogs:  cancer2curedjourney.blogspot.com

Dear Lord,
Thank you for your grace and mercy on me.  Thank you for ALL of my wonderful friends and angels that you send my way.  Please lift up my friends that are fighting this battle with cancer and my new friend who doesn't really know what battle it is yet.  Thank you for your miracles and thank you for healing Jo.  Thank you for my mother, for her always being there for me every chance and anytime I need her!  I love my mother and she is my "light!"  My sister-in-law Louetta who has always been there for me and is already planning for the visit to MD Anderson. I love my sis!  Thank you for showing me the areas that I need to grow in You!  Thank you for your precious Son and I love You Lord!  I ask all of this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.  




No comments:

Post a Comment